Thursday, July 16, 2009

When exactly is one able to appropriately deem him or herself an artist? Is it the point at which one becomes acquainted with the channel through which one is able to steer society in order that his or her world may be visually interpreted? Is this art of which I make mention not an endeavor to scratch the surface of proclamation by means of circumnavigating language? I'd like to think that an artist resides in every breathing thing-some, more humble. Others, more proud, more productive, less collective, or less aware. In my opinion, art is about gifting those with whom we come in contact a pair of spectacles through which our world can be witnessed to-whether one portrays something cynical, optimistic, or pure is entirely up to the artist. Personality, taste, values, and beliefs all make an irrevocable mark on one's expression. This is the difference that stands between you and I. It is not always a matter of mere talent. My art is my culture, and I do not wish to refrain from making my culture vulnerable.





1 comment:

Chris said...

thank you, thank you...